If you love pies, then this delicious and unique oatmeal pecan pie is for you! And if you haven’t made a pie before, do not fear… this recipe really is so easy!
I know they typically, pie season comes and goes around the holidays, but I love it so much that I say, have it all year long! Try out this delicious Fresh Strawberry Pie, this yummy Triple Berry Pie and this classic Best Ever Dutch Apple Pie for delicious desserts all year long!
Oatmeal Pecan Pie Recipe
This oatmeal pecan pie recipe is so delicious! it’s like a combination of your very favorite breakfast oatmeal combined with a dessert, and boy… The combination is to die for! The filling is packed with lots of different textures and flavors, and then when you add it to a flakey, golden pie crust. Well, let’s just say that you won’t be able to stop at just one bite!
I love the addition of oats to this pecan pie recipe. It’s a fun and tasty twist on an old classic pecan pie! Not to mention a little healthier.. That’s always a bonus! I love making this extra tasty by adding a little bit of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce! Is your mouth watering yet?
Ingredients in Oatmeal Pecan Pie
The great part about this pie recipe is how easy it is! You can make your own pie crust or, if you are short on time, just buy a premade one at the store! Check out the ingredients list at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Pie Crust: If you want to make this pie absolutely delicious, try out my grandma’s perfect pie crust recipe!
- Pecans: This adds a delicious crunch to the pie filling.
- Eggs: I always use large eggs when I cook.
- Brown Sugar: Using brown sugar adds in a deep, sweet flavor to the base of this pie.
- Corn Syrup: This sweetens up the pie!
- Rolled Oats: This is where this oatmeal pie gets interesting! It adds a delicious texture to go with the pecans.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this oatmeal pecan pie.
- Salt: The salt will enhance all of the flavors in this recipe.
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon complements all of the ingredients.
- Vanilla: I always like adding a splash of vanilla flavoring when I am baking.
How to Make an Oatmeal Pecan Pie
This pie is so easy and bakes very quickly! It’s a great dessert to make ahead of time and have ready to serve to your guests. I’m warning you though that people LOVE this pie… So you may want to make two!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine and Pour: In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Stir until well combined. Pour filling into the crust.
- Bake and Serve: Bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and extra pecans if desired.
What if My Pie is Runny?
If you pull your oatmeal pecan pie out and the filling still hasn’t set and it’s runny, then it still needs to finish baking! Add an additional 5 minutes of cook time at a time and keep an eye on it. You should be able to run a knife through the pie and not have any filling spill out.
How to Store Leftover Pie
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers of this oatmeal pecan pie, then you will be pleased to know that it stores beautifully!
In the Refrigerator: Once your pie has fully cooled, then you can store it in an airtight container. Store it in your fridge and it will last about 3-4 days!
Oatmeal Pecan Pie
- 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients . Stir until well combined. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and extra pecans if desired.
Updated on October 31, 2022