I don’t know about you but nothing hits the spot more on a hot summer day than fresh fruit and salads! Combine the two together and our melon salad will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied!
This simple melon salad is easy to make but completely delightful to your tastebuds! It cools you down with the watery melon taste but adds a splash of flavor with the citrus honey mint dressing! Pair this with our burgers, corn, and some lemonade. These 4 recipes will create a summer meal for the books!
Melon Salad with Citrus Honey Mint Dressing
Summer brings with it the desire to be outside, enjoying the refreshing sun on my face. There is always excitement in the air for all of the vacations and holidays and outdoor activities! I catch the summer bug and will do just about anything to hold on to that feeling! Making delicious and refreshing salads is one of those things and this one is a salad to remember. I love any excuse to use juicy melons including making a delicious watermelon agua fresca which is always a huge hit!
There is just something so simple about mixing different melons together and creating so much flavor. This recipe is not only delicious but most importantly, it’s a super easy recipe to make! After all, who doesn’t like a recipe that only requires 1 tool and a few ingredients?? Once you’ve finished balling up the melons, take it to the next level by drizzling the citrus honey mint dressing all over, and voila! You have a salad to impress!
What’s in Melon Salad with Citrus Honey Mint Dressing?
There isn’t much I love more than a simple recipe that packs a punch! This melon salad has only a few ingredients and delivers on taste, ease AND it looks impressive! For ingredient measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe: Use a melon baller scoop to create perfectly round balls. If you don’t have one of these, you can slice your melon up into cubes!
- Lemon and lime: These juices will give this salad a fresh taste and a great citrus flavor!
- Mint: Chop the mint up finely so that the flavor can be spread evenly throughout the salad.
- Honey: The honey will balance out the citrus with a dash of sweetness!
How to make Melon Salad with Citrus Honey Mint Dressing
It only takes as long as scooping out the melon to make this recipe!! It looks impressive and colorful all while being simple and insanely delicious!
- Scooping the melon: Take each melon and using your melon scoop (or if you don’t have one, just cut the melon into cubes). Scoop out the melon and place it into the bowl. Do this for all 3 melons then combining them together.
- Whisk the Dressing: Next thing to do is make the dressing! Combine the lemon and lime juice into a separate small bowl, stir in the honey until it is dissolved. Then, chop up the mint into fine pieces and stir it in with the honey and juices.
- Mix together: Last step is to pour it over the salad until the melons are covered. Serve and enjoy!!
Tips and Variations For the Best Fruit Salad
We all know that the best part about salads is that you just put them in the refrigerator and keep coming back for more. The trick is how to make them last the longest! Follow these easy tips and you’ll be able to munch on these leftovers for days!
- Smoothie and Juices: Once the melons get soft and extra juicy, then they are probably about on their last leg. However, this is a great time to use them in a smoothie or juice! Toss them in a blender with some ice and any additional fruit and you have yourself a delicious summer drink!
- Cutting Melons: If you don’t have a round scoop to cut the melons into circles, cutting them into ½ inch to inch squares will also work. If you still want it to look fancy, try cutting them into trianagles for a fun shape and look.
- Add Ins: Berries, mango and peaches are a sweet addition to this melon salad.
- Serving: Garnish the melon salad with fresh mint and place in a clear bowl or platter for all to see the beatiful melon colors.
Leftovers Callout Title
- Making Ahead: Store your round melon balls in an air tight container with lemon juice over top for 3 to 5 days. Whisk together the dressing right before you are ready to serve.
- Refrigerating: Wrap your container with tightly sealed plastic wrap. This will preserve the melons in your fridge for 3-5 days. Don’t forget to seal it after each time it gets opened!
- Freezeing Fruit: If you find yourself not able to finish the salad in time, you can freeze it! Place it in an airtight container and you can freeze it for up to 12 months!
Melon Salad with Citrus Honey Mint Dressing
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew
Honey Citrus mint glaze:
- Juice of half lemon
- Juice of half of a lime
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon mint chopped
- Using a melon baller scoop round spheres out of each of the melons and place them into a medium-sized bowl.
To make the honey citrus dressing:
- In a small bowl add the lemon juice, lime juice, honey and mint and whisk. Pour over the salad and mix until incorporated.