Mouthwatering and delicious, this garlic herb-crusted rack of lamb is the most amazing main dish that you could ever offer to your guests! Beautiful, delicious, and impressive; it checks all of the boxes!
A juicy cut of meat is exactly what every dinner party needs! Try out this fantastic Juicy Tomahawk Steak, this perfectly tender London broil or these slow cooker beef tips and you will have everyone at the table asking for seconds!
Garlic Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
The name of this dish sounds so fancy, and it is! But that doesn’t have to mean that it’s complicated. In fact, this recipe is simple and only takes a few minutes of prep time and cooking time. The delicious butter spread is packed with flavor from garlic and delicious seasonings like rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Because of this spread, a delightful taste is added to the meat and it creates the moisture needed to make this lamb juicy and tender.
I love cooking an impressive entree when I have guests, and everyone will go crazy for this rack of lamb. After you let the meat rest (don’t skip this step!) and it soaks up all of the juices from cooking, then it’s ready to eat! Invite guests over for a Sunday dinner, a celebration, or a holiday party, and serve this lamb for them. Add in some dinner rolls and some vegetables, and everyone will leave full and satisfied!
Ingredients You Need to Make a Rack of Lamb
You’re going to go crazy over this meal! This garlic herb-crusted rack of lamb is simple, and it only requires a few ingredients! So grab your meat and get cooking! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Rack of Lamb: When you pick out your lamb it should be a rosy red color with lots of firm, white fat.
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance the flavors in the recipe.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter that has been softened so that it can mix and spread well.
- Garlic Cloves: Don’t be afraid of the garlic used! It adds the best flavor!!
- Seasonings: Gresh rosemary, parsley and thyme are added to the butter to greae the best spread to season the lamb.
How to Cook a Rack of Lamb?
Lamb is a fancy restaurant styler recipe, but now you can make it in the comfort of your own home! Once you realize how easy this is to make, you don’t even have to spend the extra money to eat out again!
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9×13 inch baking dish add the rack of lamb. Then, add salt and pepper.
- Mix Spread: In a small bowl combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. Spread generously on the front and back of lamb. Place fat side down in your baking dish.
- Roast and Flip: Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the lamb and then flip it over. Return to the oven for 7-10 more minutes or until it has reached the desired temperature. For rare it should reach 125 degrees and medium rare is 135 degrees.
- Tent, Rest and Serve: Remove from the oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes and let rest. Serve.
Before you set your timer, you need to decide how you want your meat cooked. I’ve provided the internal temperatures for all of the ways you can cook this garlic herb rack of lamb. Always use an internal meat thermometer before eating to make sure that your meat is safe to eat!
- Rare: 25 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium-Rare: 135 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium: 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium-Well: 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- Well Done: 150 degrees Fahrenheit
How to Store Leftover Lamb
This garlic herb rack of lamb is delicious and juicy and tender, even the next day! Store it and have it for dinner the next day!
- In the Refrigerator: Once your lamb has cooled then you can store it in an airtight container in your fridge for 3-4 days.
- How to Reheat a Rack of Lamb: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and wrap your lamb in foil. Cook it for 15 minutes and then let it rest for an additional 10 minutes.
Garlic Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- 1 Rack of Lamb
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 10 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme minced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a 9×13 inch baking dish add the rack of lamb. Salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, garlic, rosemary, parsley, and thyme. Spread generously on the front and back of the lamb. Place fat side down in your baking dish.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the lamb and flip it over. Return to the oven for 7-10 more minutes or until it has reached the desired temperature. For rare it should reach 125 degrees and medium rare is 135 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes and let rest. Serve.