Sharing our best Chicken Parmesan recipe with you today with tender, juicy chicken that’s full of flavor – a dinner everyone will love!
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is the best kind of pub grub and it is incredibly easy to make at home. Juicy chicken, baked with a simple pasta sauce and cheese straight from the oven is really the best kind of meal. My 15 month old loves this meal with a side of spaghetti and can devour this without looking up from her plate. So kid approved and adult approved because when we are sitting on the table, we don’t look up either.
I’m showing you how to make this family dinner recipe easily at home, and how to pack in layers and layers of flavour in it!
Marinate the Chicken
To get the schnitzel right, we first slice each chicken breast in half. And then marinate them with some salt and Italian seasoning. Just 15 minutes helps infuse the breasts with flavour, and keeps them tender. Do this first while you prep everything else.
Breading the Chicken
While the chicken is marinating, get your breading station ready. You’ll need flour, eggs, seasoning, breadcrumbs (I prefer panko for extra crispiness) and parmesan. The chicken is dusted with flour first, then dipped into the egg mixture which is seasoned with garlic powder and finally coated with the parmesan – panko mix. Place the breaded chicken on a wire rack till you are ready to fry.
Frying the Chicken
You only need to fry the breaded chicken for 5 minutes, which is 2.5 minutes on each side. The chicken breast will not cook through completely which is okay because it’ll finish cooking in the oven. You only need to fry it for long enough to get that crispy golden brown crumb.
Sauce, Cheese and Bake:
You can easily use store bought pasta sauce for this recipe. Or you can try out simple marinara sauce. You are looking for a thick consistency. Anything too watery and it’ll make the crumb extremely soggy while baking. The chicken goes into the oven for 15 minutes which is just enough time for it to cook through and for the cheese to melt. Make sure you have everything laid out because this tastes best when it comes straight out of the oven with that crispy crumb and melted cheese!
We love serving Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti tossed in a little olive oil and reserved pasta sauce. But you can also serve it with a side of lightly dressed salad greens, steamed or roasted broccoli, cheesy garlic bread or even mashed potatoes. This has so much flavour that you really don’t need much. Chicken Parmesan is one of the best kind of comfort foods – it looks delicious and tastes absolutely amazing when you serve it on the table!
More Parmesan Recipes:
- Crispy Parmesan Fried Zucchini
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning Mix
For the Breading
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce (or Marinara)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and marinate with salt and italian seasoning mix. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Dust the chicken with flour, then dip it well into the egg mixture, shake off excess egg and then crumb it with breadcrumbs. Place the breaded chicken on a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a skillet to 350F. Place 2 chicken breasts (if they fit) gently in the oil and fry on each side for 2.5 minutes. Remove and place on a wire rack.
- Place the fried chicken on a baking tray. Spread sauce on top of each piece of chicken and then top with a mount of grated mozzarella. Sprinkle parmesan and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve with your favorite side from the options above!