Sriracha mayo is the condiment you’re going to want to put on everything! It’s creamy and savory, with spice that packs a punch!
Homemade sauces really are the best. You can usually whip them up with just a handful of ingredients you already have at home, and they’re free of gross preservatives and artificial flavors! A few of my other favorites to try are yum yum sauce, cilantro ranch dressing, and copycat Cane’s sauce!
Sriracha Mayo Recipe
Oh, sriracha mayo, how I love you. I literally put it on everything. Fried rice, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, poke bowls, you name it! I’m going to let it slide just this once if you haven’t tried it… but you really need to! It’s the BEST! If you love sauces that are creamy, savory, and spicy with just a little bit of tang, this is going to be your new baby.
I love this recipe because you only need a handful of ingredients to make it. As long as you have some Sriracha on hand, I’m sure you’ll have everything else needed to make it! The great thing about making sriracha mayo from scratch is that 1- it tastes better than store-bought, and 2- you can tweak the flavor just to your liking! Once you get a taste, I know you’ll be just as obsessed as I am. You’ll understand why it’s such a popular condiment! It’s truly the perfect spicy sauce!
What You Need to Make It
You technically can just mix sriracha sauce and mayo together, but I like to add a few extra ingredients to elevate the flavor. That’s the beauty of homemade sauces! You can customize them however you’d like. Check out the recipe card below for the measurements that I used.
- Sriracha Chili Sauce: This spicy red sauce is the star of the show, adding a kick of heat to the sauce. Don’t have sriracha on hand? Try using hot sauce or chili paste instead!
- Mayonnaise: Smooth, creamy, and so delicious! Mayo is the perfect base for your sriracha creation. Looking for a vegan or lighter option? You can also use Greek yogurt or avocado-based vegan mayo instead.
- Honey: Adds a touch of sweetness to the sauce. You can also use agave or even maple syrup. If you want your sriracha mayo to be more savory, skip the sweetener altogether.
- Lemon or Lime Juice: A little acidity goes a long way in brightening up your mayo. Whether you prefer lemon or lime, both will add a tangy zip to your sauce.
- Garlic: Garlic lovers unite! It adds a savory, flavorful twist to your spicy mayo. If you don’t have fresh minced garlic, you can also use garlic powder.
- Cayenne Pepper or Chili Powder: If you like it spicy, take your sriracha mayo up a notch with a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
How to Make Sriracha Mayo
It’s super easy, you don’t even really need a recipe to make it. Simply mix all of your ingredients together and taste test as you go! This way, you can adjust to taste and make your perfect condiment. Trust me, you’re going to want to put it on everything. It’s just so good!
- Add Ingredients to Bowl: Add the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper to a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix: Whisk to combine until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Use: Enjoy as a dipping sauce for anything fried, or pair it with sushi, fish, or any Asian-inspired dish!
Ways to Use Sriracha Mayo
No gatekeeping here! This post wouldn’t be complete unless I gave you some of my favorite recipes to use sriracha mayo with. Honestly, this sauce is so versatile you can essentially use it with ANYTHING, but it’s a knockout dipping sauce and drizzle for Asian-inspired meals. If you don’t know what to use it with, that’s a great place to start! This sauce also doubles as a dressing and is great for making gourmet sandwiches and burgers with. Basically, for any savory dish that could use a little creamy, spicy, goodness… break out the sriracha mayo. It’s the BEST thing to have on hand!
Salmon Rice Bowl
The Best Avocado Egg Rolls (Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Hawaiian Poke Bowl
The Perfect Airtight Bottle for Sauces!
How Long Does Homemade Sriracha Mayo Last?
Because it’s free of preservatives, your homemade sriracha mayo will only last for about 5-7 days in the fridge. With how easy it is to make, though, you can just whisk up another batch once you run out!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container, bottle, or jar for about 1 week. The ingredients may settle as it sits, so give it a quick shake or stir before using it.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Add the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and cayenne pepper to a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk to combine until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Enjoy as a dipping sauce for anything fried, or pair it with sushi, fish, or any Asian-inspired dish!