Sprinkle cookies are colorful, fun, AND delicious! Baked to perfection, these cookies will be a hit at any party with all of your family and friends! They are a favorite tried and true recipe and everyone will go crazy over them!
I love cookies and when you add in brightly colored sprinkles then I am in! Some of my favorite fun, cookie recipes are these Funfetti Cheesecake Pudding Cookies, Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies, and these yummy Gooey S’mores Cookies! Try them out, you will love them!
Fun and Delicious Sprinkle Cookies
I love a cookie that is fun and tasty. And so do my kids! these cookies are some of their very favorites. They not only have sprinkles on the outside but it’s a fun surprise when you bite into them on the inside as well! These sprinkle cookies are just right when it comes to their soft texture. In fact, they are baked to perfection so you will have a hard time stopping at just one!
Sprinkle cookies are great because you can change up the color of sprinkles for any occasion! Make them green and red for Christmas. Red, white, and blue for the 4th of July and pastel colors for Easter! They are so cute and colorful and on top of that, they are easy to make! Recruit your kids to help you make them. They will love picking out which sprinkles they get to use! Enjoy!
Ingredients You Need to Make Sprinkle Cookies
While you will have most of the ingredients that you need already in your kitchen, buy some extra sprinkles in different colors! Mix things up and make a few batches! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Flour: I like to use all purpose flour in this recipe.
- Baking powder: This will help your cookies rise and make them soft and chewy.
- Salt: Salt brings out the other flavors used in the recipe.
- Cornstarch: The cornstarch helps creat a crubly and tender texture!
- Cream of tartar: This helps the sugar from crystalizing in the dough.
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter that is softened to room temperature.
- Granulated sugar: This will sweeten up your cookies!
- Egg: This helps to make the cookies moist.
- Vanilla extract: This will also enhance that sweet flavor of the cookies.
- Almond extract: The flavor that this brings to these sprinkle cookies is delicious!
- Sprinkles: Use any colors that you want for this part! Get creative!
Let’s Bake Some Cookies!
Sprinkle cookies are fast and easy! They are SOO good and a fun and festive way to bring a treat to any party! You might want to double the batch. These will get fly off of the table!
- Preheat oven and line baking sheet: Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients: In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and eggs, combine with extracts: In another bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add in the egg and extracts and mix until combined.
- Mix all ingredients together, make dough balls and add sprinkles: Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and mix until combined. Then, mix in ⅓ cup of the sprinkles by hand. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough and press the tops of each ball of dough in the remaining sprinkles.
- Bake and cool: Place on a cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes.. The middle should still be gooey when removed from the oven. Allow them to cool on the tray and then they can finish cooking there. Store them in an airtight container.
Tips For Sprinkle Cookies
Sprinkle cookies are soft cookies bursting with color and flavor that are sure to be a hit with children and adults alike! Here are some tips for making the best sprinkle cookies!
- Room temperature ingredients: Prepare a couple hours before starting the recipe by setting your butter and eggs on the counter. Using room temperature ingredients will help everything blend together easier! This makes a nice, smooth batter.
- No chilling needed: This cookie dough doesn’t need to be chilled! That means less time waiting for cookies and more time enjoying cookies! If you end up with leftover cookie dough or if you want to prep it ahead of time you can chill it in the fridge. Just make sure to bake it for an extra minute or two if it’s still cold when you bake them.
- Underbake: Remove the cookies from the oven while they still look gooey in the center. They will continue to bake on the hot tray after they have been removed from the oven!
- Variety of sprinkes: You can change up the sprinkles with the season to make these festive cookies for any holiday party! They would be great for Christmas, The Fourth of July or Valentine’s Day!
Leftovers Callout Title
These cookies are fantastic to bake ahead and store for later! Once they are done cooling, just store them in an airtight container on your counter. They will last up to 7 days. That is… iff you don’t eat them all before then!
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¾ Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In another bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add in the egg and extracts and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and mix until combined. Mix in ⅓ cup of the sprinkles by hand. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough and press the tops of each ball of dough in the remaining sprinkles.
- Place on a cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The middle should still be gooey when removed from the oven. Allow them to cool on the tray. They will finish cooking there. Store in an airtight container.