If you are looking for the perfect side dish that pairs well with everything, this lemon garlic broccolini is it! It’s seasoned with delicious flavors and roasted to perfection!
Using fresh vegetables as a side dish to any meal is always a good idea! Especially when you have a few good ones on hand that go with just about anything. Try out these glazed carrots, this grilled asparagus, or this delicious parmesan roasted cauliflower and you will have the perfect sides to go with anything!
What IS Broccolini?
We all know and love broccoli (ok some of us don’t but if you need convincing, try this recipe!) but what is broccolini? Broccolini is also known as baby broccoli. It has long stems and small florets at the top. You can eat the whole thing and boy when you roast it up, it is delicious!
This lemon garlic broccolini is a delicious side that goes with anything but I especially love pairing it with chicken! The lemon flavor really brightens up up the dish and makes it stand out. Then once you add in that garlic, it really marries all of the flavors so well. I not only like using this as a side but because it’s so quick and easy then sometimes I also whip it up for myself as a mid-afternoon snack! After all… it’s healthier than reaching for my easy peanut butter cookies!
Ingredients in Lemon Garlic Broccolini
Once you see how easy it is then you will make this recipe again and again! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Broccolini: You can find this in the veggie section of your local grocery store!
- Olive Oil: This creates moisture and a base for the ingredients to mix together in.
- Garlic Cloves: You can mince up fresh garlic cloves or used minced garlic. 1 clove equals about ½ teaspoon of mince garlic.
- Lemon Juice: This adds in a bright and fresh flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese: A little cheese goes a long way for this delicious side.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Use as much or as little salt and pepper as you prefer!
How to Make Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccolini
This part is so easy! In only three steps, you will be on your way to eating this delicious veggie side dish. I love it when vegetables can end up tasting so delicious! It sure makes getting my kids to eat them a lot easier.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the broccolini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, grated parmesan, and salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccolini and rub it in to coat it completely.
- Bake: Bake it for 10-15 minutes or until it’s tender and crispy.
This dish is best served fresh but if you have leftover lemon garlic broccolini then I have some tips on how you can store it and reheat it later.
- In the Fridge: Once your roasted broccolini has cooled then you can store it in an airtight container in your fridge. It will last for 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: Place your leftovers on a baking sheet and cook them for 5-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Lemon Garlic Broccolini
- 1 pound Broccolini
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the broccolini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, grated parmesan, and salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccolini and rub it in to coat it completely.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes or until it’s tender and crispy.