This homemade caramel syrup is the best that you will ever taste! Not only does it have the perfect texture but it is made for drizzling on any and all of your favorite breakfast foods!
This caramel syrup is so good that it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! Try using it on pancakes, crepes, or this French toast! It makes everything taste even better!
Homemade Caramel Syrup
In my opinion, you can never have too many options for syrup! You can change up your pancakes or waffles so easily by just topping them with a new syrup! This caramel sauce is one that you MUST TRY. It is seriously soo good. Not only is it crazy-easy to make (it only has a few ingredients!) but it is delicious and can go on just about anything!
This caramel syrup has become a go-to recipe in our house! It changes things up from our usual imitation maple syrup and gives everything a deliciously sweet taste! And you all know that I love a recipe that I can whip up in a moment’s notice and have it ready in no time! This is so simple, even if you don’t have any leftovers then you can make it right then and it takes no time at all! Give it a try, you won’t regret it!
Ingredients You Need to Make Caramel Syrup
This recipe only uses a few ingredients and the best part about it is that you probably already have them all in your kitchen! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Heavy cream: This is what gives the syrup its thick and creamy texture!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Granulated sugar: give the syrup a sweet taste by remembering to use the sugar!
- Brown sugar: Combinging some brown sugar in with the rest really is waht give this syrup that deep flavor.
- Corn syrup: This helps to make the texture of this syrup be like… a syrup!
- Baking soda: This helps keep the syrup soft and stops it from becoming dense.
- Vanilla: This enhances the sweet flavor of the sugars!
Let’s Make Some Syrup!
Trust me when I tell you that this caramel syrup recipe is one of the easiest that you can make! It takes less than 10 minutes so you can make a fresh batch every time you cook up a hot breakfast!
- Boil: In a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat add the heavy cream, butter, sugars, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil for one minute and reduce to medium heat.
- Whisk in baking soda and vanilla: Add Baking soda and vanilla and whisk until incorporated and sugar is dissolved.
Tips and Variations
This caramel syrup is so heavenly that you will want any excuse that you can to make it and eat it! I’ve come up with a few ideas on how you can use this and make it your best syrup yet!
- What Else Can You Serve This On: Caramel syrup is amazing because it goes with just about anything! Serve it over ice cream, cakes, French toast sticks, crepes , etc.
- Double it: You can make a double batch and save the leftovers so that it’s even easier to have this next time! Just remember that you will need a larger pot than you think you’ll need because it will foam up. You don’t want it to make a mess all over!
- How is caramel syrup different from caramel sauce? Caramel syrup is meant to be more runny than caramel sauce. This is so that you can pour it onto your pancakes or waffles. Caramel sauce is thicker and is meant to be spooned onto desserts!
How to Store Homemade Syrup
Call yourself lucky if you have leftovers of this delicious caramel syrup! You can store it for later by letting it cool down and placing it in an airtight container. Then, put it in your fridge and it will last up to 2 weeks!
Homemade Caramel Syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat add the heavy cream, butter, sugars, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil for one minute and reduce to medium heat.
- Add baking soda and vanilla and whisk until incorporated and sugar is dissolved.