Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is an insanely delicious way to jazz up your next party. Chock full of intense but balanced flavors this appetizer is going to disappear fast.
Everyone loves a great dip at a party, they are the go to snack and appetizer aantit any event. You have to try these other tried and true dip winners: Crab, 5 Minute Million Dollar, and Ranch Dips!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is one of the best Buffalo recipes ever! I do love my Buffalo Wings, and even Buffalo Cauliflower, but this dip is something else! My mom brought this dip to our Super Bowl party this year and it was the biggest hit with my family! They kept raving about it the whole time and just couldn’t get enough! It was a good thing she made a big batch because we all went back for multiple helpings! This is going to be one of the best recipes you can make for a big gathering, guaranteed!
Easy and simple is another reason you are going to love this buffalo dip recipe. When you can throw the ingredients all together and basically walk away and do other things, that is a winning recipe in my book! Serving it in the crockpot will keep it warm as well, which is the only way to serve this. Easy, luscious and a fan favorite, it does not get much better than that. This Buffalo chicken dip recipe is one your whole family is going to love and ask for again.
Ingredients for Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Simple ingredients, and even some you can make from scratch! This will be a recipe you will make again and again.
- Chicken: Cooked and already diced. Rotisserie Chicken is awesome here.
- Cream Cheese: Block style softened and cut up into chunks.
- Buffalo Sauce: I highly recommend using this homemade recipe to make your own sauce, it is way better than store bought and makes this dip divine.
- Ranch Dressing: Again homemade ranch for the win! Or use your favorite store bought too.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shred your own for the best melt ability.
- Green Onions and Blue Cheese Crumbles: These are optional garnishes, but what is buffalo chicken without green onion and blue cheese, they just go together!
How do you make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crockpot?
Throw it all in, let it melt and meld together in the most magical, and delicious way.
- Combine: In a 3 quart slow cooker spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch.
- Mix: Stir the ingredients until it is well mixed.
- Cook: Setting the slow cooker to low, cook for 1-2 hours.
- Add Cheese: Right before it is done, open the lid and add 1 cup of the cheese. Stir to fully incorporate and then add the ¼ cup cheese to the top. Let the cheese melt throughout and serve.
- Top: Garnish with green onion and blue cheese crumbles if desired.
Tips For The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip!
It is always fun to bring this to a party or large gathering and watch it disappear. I always get asked for the recipe.
- Chicken: Using precooked chicken and dice it up into small bite sized pieces so it is easy to scoop up. You can use poached or pan fried chicken. When I am in a hurry I will buy a rotisserie chicken and cut it up to use. Canned chicken can break down too much in this recipe because of the long cooking time and is not recommended.
- Buffalo Sauce: This is a heavenly creation that makes this dip really sing! Buffalo sauce is made from Hot Sauce, butter, vinegar, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce. The butter, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce mellow out the heat from the hot sauce. Make your own and it will taste even better. And making your own gives you control over the amount of heat by adjusting the cayenne pepper. Use homemade for best results if you can.
- Ranch: Again using homemade makes this recipe so rich and scrumptious. Using a good quality ranch is important so that the dip isn’t too runny.
- Cream Cheese: It avoid a runny dip use a full fat cream cheese. Using a low or no fat can cause the dip to be too runny to stick on your dippers.
- Cheese: To get the best melt ability out of your cheese, grate your own. Using pre shredded cheeses can have anti caking agents or preservatives on them that inhibits the ability of the cheese to melt smoothly.
Serving your Chicken Dip
This dip just isn’t for chips, you can serve it with quite a few things.
- Serve In A Slow Cooker: To prevent the dip from hardening as the cheese cools, serve from the crockpot that has been left on warm or low. This will help keep it warm and at the perfect dipping consistency.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: Blue cheese and Buffalo sauce were meant to be together. You will want to add crumbles as a garnish for sure. I would not, however, substitute the ranch for blue cheese dressing. Using that much blue cheese dressing will be quite overpowering. You want the two to be balanced and blue cheese is a strong flavor, keep it to the garnish.
- Dippers: Serve the dip with a variety of dipping foods. Corn chips, Wheat thins, celery, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, broccoli, pita chips, and toasted slices of baguettes.
- Storing: If you have leftovers, keep them in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on stove, stirring often.
- Leftovers: Having leftover buffalo chicken dip is not a bad thing. I like to use leftovers to top baked potatoes, rice, noodles or even spread on a bun for a delicious buffalo sandwich. I love being able to reuse this and make it a main dish. It is insanely delicious.
Party Foods You Have to Try!
Everyone loves a good party, but a great party will have amazing food. Foods that taste amazing and look tempting. Whether you want to dip it, scoop it or dunk it appetizers are just fun to eat. You can have savory and sweet recipes to meet everyone’s tastes. These are all tried and true recipes that will keep them coming back for more.
- Amazing Rotel Dip
- The Best Raspberry Baked Brie
- 5 Minute Easy Chocolate Hummus
- 2 Ingredient Cheesecake Dip
- The Best Jalapeño Popper Recipe
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups chicken cooked and diced*
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- green onions and blue cheese crumbles optional
- In a 3 quart slow cooker spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch.
- Stir until it is mixed. Cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- Right before it is done, add 1 cup of the cheese and stir and then add the ¼ cup cheese to the top. Let the cheese melt throughout and serve. Garnish with green onions and blue cheese crumbles if desired.