Easiest English Muffin Pizzas are a quick perfect dinner or lunch that everyone can customize. Whether you like just cheese or pepperoni and mushrooms, personalized english muffin pizzas are perfect for the whole family.
Pair these flavorful personal pizzas with a few sides for the perfect dinner in a pinch. Try these favorites for a meal that will wow. Creamy Grape Salad, Greek Salad with the Best Dressing or The Best Antipasto Salad.
English Muffin Mini Pizzas
English Muffin Pizzas have been our Christmas Eve tradition since I was born, and we’ve carried it on with our family. They are quick and easy and perfect for kids. Everyone can customize their pizzas and build their own creating a fun family activity. We always looked forward to being able to build our own mini pizzas. It was a highlight of the holidays. Because these are so quick and easy, it means you can spend more time on other things that matter more. Whether it’s for Christmas Eve, movie night or just for fun, these are the ideal dish for the whole family.
When you are in a hurry but still need to put dinner on the table these are a go to recipe. Fast and easy you can have a wholesome meal on the table in no time. English muffins make these super quick, these are similar to those bagel pizzas we all remember from our youth. But I think english muffins are easier to eat, they aren’t so chewy which is perfect for little ones to eat. If you’ve always had these on bagels, give this version a try, I know you’re going to love it!
English Muffin Pizza Ingredients
The main ingredients for these is pretty basic. What you top them with is up to you and your family. I like to keep a bag of english muffins in my freezer for those times when I need a dinner idea fast. Jarred pizza sauce is easy to find but it’s also easy to make your own and then you can freeze it for later use. Whatever you use, just make these fun pizzas tonight!
- English Muffins: Use your favorite brand of english muffins.
- Pizza Sauce: Buy your favorite or make your own
- Mozzarella Cheese: Use fresh grated mozzarella for the best melting results.
- Optional Toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, chopped basil
Making Easy and Quick Pizzas
These are so quick and easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made them sooner. An easy way to satisfy everyone’s pizza cravings, you’ll be the hero of the day!
- Slice: Cut the english muffins in half and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Top: Spread about 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of each muffin. Top with equal amount of cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake: Place in a 375 degree oven and bake for 10-12 minutes till cheese is melted and golden.
Tips and Variations
If there was ever a recipe that was easy to vary, this would be it. Make these pizzas to your liking. It’s one of those dinners where everyone is happy because they can everyone can put what they want on it. No fighting about what’s for dinner. Everyone is going to love this. Depending on your tastes, you can experiment mixing cheeses, meats and sauces.There are so many options! Good thing these are small, you can make and try them all! Here are some ideas for perfect pizzas.
- Cheese: Besides mozzarella, you can use cheddar, asiago, pepper jack, asiago, feta, and parmesan for starters
- Sauces: Mix it up by using spaghetti sauce, pesto sauce, vodka sauce, sun-dried tomato basil, or alfredo
- Meats: There are tons of options here, mini pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, bbq chicken, prosciutto, or salami.
- Veggies: We can get pretty wild here with these. Try peppers, onion, artichokes, spinach, pineapple, peppercinis, basil, garlic, or anything else you can think of. Veggies won’t cook all the way through before the pizzas are done so it’s a good idea to pre cook them partially before adding them to the pizzas.
- English Muffins: There are lots of options for english muffins. You can use whole wheat, low carb, sourdough or plain. Even gluten free will work with these pizzas. Use what your family will eat best.
- Toasty: If you like a toastier base, broil the english muffins on the cookie sheet before topping. Place under the broiler for 1-3 minutes. Watch closely so you don’t burn them. This give the english muffin a nice crunchy base. It will also help keep the english muffin from getting too soft because of the sauce.
Freezing and Storing Mini English Muffin Pizzas
These pizzas are great for lunches or when ever hunger strikes and you need to feed the masses. Make a huge batch of these and freeze some for the days when you need a lunch, dinner or midnight snack that will certainly satisfy better than junk food!
- Freeze: Make the english muffin pizzas and directed. Let cool completely on a wire rack, this keeps them from getting too soggy and soft on the bottom. Once they’ve cooled, wrap them individually in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3-4 months.
- Freeze before Baking: These can also be frozen before you bake them. Toast your english muffin, then top with desired toppings. Do not bake. Individually wrap the pizzas in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer safe bag. When ready to use remove from freezer and bake as directed below. Because they were not pre baked they might take a few more minutes to cook all the way through.
- Reheat: Remove from freezer and take off the wrapping. Place on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Check often to make sure they are heated through. These can also be reheated in the microwave. Place on a microwave safe plate with a paper towel on the bottom. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, checking to make sure it’s heated through.
More Pizza Recipes
I haven’t met very many people who don’t like pizza in some form. I don’t know what it is about pizza that is so good, but it’s a favorite at our home, in all of its varieties. However you love it, try one of these variations tonight! Use one of these recipes and mix up or add to your routine. You can’t go wrong with these winners.
- Keto Pizza
- Deep Dish Pizza
- Homemade Stuffed Pizza Bites
- Incredible Homemade Calzone
- Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza
English Muffin Pizzas
- 6 whole English muffins sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Chopped Basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet line the English muffins on parchment paper. Add about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce and spread evenly on the top of the English muffin. Top evenly with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.