Ice cream cake is the best of both worlds…ice cream in the form of a cake! This cookies and cream ice cream cake is exploding with layers of oreo cookies, ice cream, and gooey fudge sauce.
Everyone loves an easy no-bake dessert! This cookies and cream ice cream is a favorite in the summertime and comes together so easily. Some of my other favorite easy no-bake desserts are this cheesecake, this pie, and these cookies.
What is Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake?
Everyone loves the combination of cookies and cream. This Oreo ice cream cake starts with a delicious cookie crust smothered with a layer of fudge sauce. The cookies and cream ice cream is even creamier with the unexpected addition of the whipped topping (cool-whip) both in and on the ice cream layer. The presentation of this dessert is what impresses everyone. Little do they know how easy it is to top off this dessert with more drizzled fudge sauce and more crumbled cookies to make it look so professional!
If this cookies and cream ice cream cake leaves you wanting more cookies and cream flavored desserts, I have you covered! My Oreo Fluff Dessert is a popular recipe, these no-bake Oreo Balls are a crowd favorite, and these cookies are my personal favorite! Whenever I make cookies and cream-inspired desserts, they are always the first to be devoured!
What Ingredients Are in Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake?
The BEST part of this whole recipe is that it only has 5 ingredients! You won’t even need a grocery list to make this dessert. You may just need to grab the ice cream for this dessert because I know you already have the Oreos in your pantry! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Oreos: Crushed into cookie crumbs for the crust.
- Butter: Melted and mixed with the cookie crumbs to make a delicious crust
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream: Your favorite store bought gallon of ice cream.
- Cool Whip: Added both in and on top of the ice cream and adds an extra creamy texture!
- Chocolate Fudge Sauce: The addition of chocolate sauce adds a rich flavor to balance out the sweetness.
- Oreos/Extra Chocolate Sauce: Save the extra oreos and chocolate sauce to drizzle and crumble on top!
How To Make Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
This ice cream cake comes together so fast, and you can make it ahead of time and freeze it overnight until you’re ready to serve. I love that I don’t even need to turn my oven on to make it! It can also be made in a square or round baking pan, it doesn’t have to be a springform pan. Although the springform pan makes serving it so much easier!
- Prepare the crust: Add the crushed oreo crumbs and melted butter to a large bowl. Stir until the cookie crumbs have absorbed the melted butter.
- Press: Press crust into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. You can also use a 10” round or square baking pan if you don’t have a springform pan.
- Chocolate Sauce Layer: Add about ½ cup chocolate fudge sauce on top of the crust, and then spread it evenly.
- Freeze: Place the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the ice cream filling.
- Ice Cream Filling: Add the softened ice cream into a large bowl. Fold in 1 cup cool whip.
- Pour: Add the ice cream mixture on top of the cold crust. Spread evenly into the pan.
- Freeze: Return back to the freezer for 1 hour. Make sure the cake is placed on a flat surface so the ice cream freezes evenly.
- Garnish: Top the ice cream with the remaining cool whip. Then, drizzle with additional chocolate fudge sauce and crushed Oreos for a delicious presentation.
- Freeze: Place in the freezer for an additional 3 hours or overnight. Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife. Slice frozen and enjoy!
Ideas For Other Flavor Combinations
This cookies and cream ice cream cake is so versatile and you can pick any flavor combinations of ice cream/cookies you would like! Just make it according to recipe instructions and replace the cookie, ice cream, syrup flavor, or crumbled add-ins of your choice.
- Cookies: Oreos, golden oreos, mint oreos, graham grackers, biscoff cookies, etc.
- Ice Cream Flavors: Vanilla ice cream, strawberry, chocolate, moose tracks, mint, cookie dough, butter pecan, rocky road, etc.
- Syrup: Caramel, salted caramel, strawberry, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, etc.
- Add-Ins: Heath bar, twix bar, any flavor oreo, pecans, almonds, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, brownie bites, etc.
How to Store Leftovers
We never have leftovers of this yummy homemade ice cream cake, but if you do, feel free to store it in the freezer for up to 5-7 days. To preserve the freshness of the cake, wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container. This cake can also be made ahead of time a few days prior to serving! Just store it according to these instructions!
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
- 36 Oreos, crushed
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1 gallon Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, softened
- 1 container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 jar Chocolate Sauce (extra for garnish)
- Oreos, crushed (for garnish)
- Prepare the crust by adding the crushed oreo crumbs and melted butter to a large bowl. Stir until the cookie crumbs have absorbed the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan.
- Add about ½ cup chocolate sauce on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the ice cream filling.
- To prepare the ice cream filling, add the softened ice cream into a large bowl. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip.
- Add the ice cream mixture on top of the cold crust. Spread evenly into the pan. Return back to the freezer for 1 hour. Make sure the cake is placed on a flat surface so the ice cream freezes evenly.
- After an hour, top the ice cream with the remaining cool whip. Drizzle with additional chocolate sauce and crushed Oreos for a delicious presentation.
- Freeze for an additional 3 hours or overnight. Slice frozen and enjoy!