If you are looking for the most delicious appetizer out there, this avocado hummus is for you! Delectable, creamy, and perfect with any veggies or crackers, this dip is the BEST!
I love a good dip. I mean, who can resist that creamy texture and fantastic taste mixed with some crunch? Try out this million-dollar dip, this cheese sauce, or this crab dip. You will love them all!
Avocado Hummus Dip
If you love guacamole then this avocado hummus dip should be calling your name! It’s similar to guacamole but made with avocado and garbanzo beans( which are organic chickpeas). I love that the texture is ultra creamy! Then, when you mix in the lime juice and the cilantro, it takes it to the next level with a fresh taste. You will want to dip everything and anything in it. And the best part is that you can!
I have used this dip as an appetizer and just for an after-school snack for my kids! It works with just about anything, which is another reason why I love it. It’s not only delicious but super versatile. Whip this up and dip in some veggies and crackers or even pita chips, and you have yourself a super healthy snack! Fair warning, though: once you stop, you won’t be able to stop!
Ingredients in Avocado Hummus Dip
Gather up these ingredients as soon as possible because you don’t want to miss out on this avocado hummus! See the (printable) recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Garbanzo beans: Drain your beans before mixing them in.
- Avocados: Remove the skin and the pit from each avocado.
- Lime juice: You can use fresh lime juic or lime juice from a bottle. Fresh will bring a much brighter taste to the hummus.
- Tahini paste: This can be found either on the peanut butter aisle or the international foods aisle in your local grocery store.
- Garlic: Minced garlic is perfect for this recipe!
- Sea salt: Use more if you prefer a salty taste.
- Cilantro: I prefer a subtle taste of cilantro but feel free to add more if you love that flavor!
- Water: This is used to help your hummus reach the desired consistency. Use more water for a thinner hummus.
- Olive oil: This will be used in the hummus and also as a garnish on top.
Let’s Make Some Hummus!
Avocado hummus is absolutely divine. Creamy and the perfect texture, this is definitely a recipe that will be repeated in your household! Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes to put together, so that’s a win!
- Combine and blend: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add water to thin it: If the dip is too thick, extra water will help. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed to reach desired dipping consistency.
- Serve: Serve with chips, crackers, vegetables, pita bread, or anything desired for dipping!
How to Eat Avocado Hummus
Hummus can be eaten as a dip and also as a spread on so many things! Here are a few ideas that you can try. They are SOO GOOD.
- Use it as a spread: You can use this on sandwiches, wraps, or as a spread on some toast! It’s so good and a much healthier option than mayo!
- Potatoes: Try using ¼ cup of hummus when making mashed potatoes for an amazing taste and texture.
- Dip: Hummus is most well known as being used as a dip. Try it out with some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers or even some crackers or pita chips!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftover avocado hummus then just place it in an airtight container and put it in your fridge. It will last 5-7 days.
Avocado Hummus Dip
- Food processor or blender
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 large avocados or 3 medium (skin & pit removed)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (more if you desire)
- 1/4 cup water (more as needed)
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro and drizzled olive oil (for serving and presentation)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- If the dip is too thick, extra water will help. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time if needed to reach desired dipping consistency.
- Serve with chips, crackers, vegetables, pita bread, or anything desired for dipping!