Perfectly fluffy and tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, these Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes are going to rock your world! They are so creamy inside it’s amazing. Just add your favorite topping and you’ll have a new favorite way to eat these delicious sweet potatoes.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Baking sweet potatoes just got easier with the use of an Air Fryer. Sweet potatoes come out perfectly and will be a great addition to any meal.
Cooking them in the Air Fryer allows the skin to get nice and crispy which is so good. You don’t have to peel them either. It’s so quick and easy. You can use this method of cooking to prep your sweet potatoes for just about any recipe you need.
Easy Sweet Potato Ingredients
Not very many ingredients for this flavorful side. It makes it an easy side dish to make with any meal.
- Sweet Potatoes: As many as will fit in your Air Fryer
- Olive Oil: just enough to rub them down.
- Salt: To taste!
Making Sweet Potatoes in an Air Fryer
These are so easy, it doesn’t take much effort to serve up a healthy side dish.
- Scrub: Wash and dry the sweet potatoes
- Pierce: Using a fork pierce the potatoes a few times.
- Rub: Place in the fryer basket and rub with olive oil
- Bake: Cook the sweet potatoes at 400 for 30-40 min till fork tender.
Healthy Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are not only yummy they are good for you too!
- Vitamins: Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6. these are important for your brain and nervous system. They also have potassium and magnesium which have been shown to improve heart health and regulate blood pressure.
- Benefits: Sweet potatoes are rich in dietary fiber, which can aid weight loss. This makes you feel fuller for longer so you less and you don’t overeat as well. . Fiber also promotes good gut bacteria.
Tips and Storing
These are really easy and hard to mess up!
- Potatoes: Make sure your potatoes are uniform in size so they all cook at the same rate.
- Prep: Clean thoroughly and pat dry before poking or puting the oil on.
- Toppings: Sweet potatoes can go with so many things. Sweet and savory. Try topping with chili, chipotle butter, mash up and place in a burrito with black beans and salsa, guacamole, marshmallows and so much more. Let your taste buds experiment.
- Storing: Leftover potatoes can be stored in airtight container or wrapped tightly and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
More Amazing Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet potatoes are so versatile, you can do so many things with these healthy tasty spuds.
- Maple Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Best Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Cinnamon Butter for serving optional