This low-carb take on wings is going to rock your world! Draped in a sticky-sweet honey buffalo sauce, these easy air fryer cauliflower wings are absolutely to die for!
You can use cauliflower in so many different recipes! Cauliflower steaks, fritters, and breadsticks are just a few of my favorites!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings With Honey Buffalo Sauce Recipe
I have been loving cauliflower lately. It’s such a versatile vegetable! It takes the flavor of whatever you cook it with. Not to mention, it’s super low in carbs and full of vitamins for something you can feel great about eating! Try it in fried rice or in place of mashed potatoes! I can even get my youngest to eat it which is really saying something. Picky eater-approved!
Let’s talk about these air fryer cauliflower wings though. They’re so good, you won’t want to go back to regular wings! Not only is cauliflower naturally low-carb, but there’s no deep-frying involved, making this an even healthier choice! I top them off with the most amazing honey buffalo sauce. It’s super easy to whip up! You’ll be licking your fingers by the end.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
Time to break out your favorite hot sauce, cauliflower, and just a few other pantry staples! I love how simple the ingredients are. It makes these wings so easy to whip up! You’re going to love this recipe as much as I do. All measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Cauliflower: One large head is all you need! Pick cauliflower that has a light, creamy color and is densely packed with florets. Avoid cauliflower with any discoloration.
- Flour: Used for thickening batter.
- Paprika: Adds flavor and heat to the wings.
- Garlic, Onion, and Chili Powder: I add a blend of all 3 for the perfect savory flavor with a hint of spice! It works to season the cauliflower from the inside out.
- Salt and Pepper: Add both to enhance flavor.
- Optional: Red Pepper Flakes: You can throw these in if you want more spice!
- Milk: Milk helps to smooth out the batter.
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Franks Buffalo Sauce: I love the flavor of Frank’s, but you can use your favorite brand here!
- Honey: Balances out heat and adds a smooth texture.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds a rich, smoky sweetness, perfect for wings!
How to Make Cauliflower Wings
Air fryer cauliflower wings are so crazy easy to make! They cook up in minutes with no mess! Air fryers really are a game-changer. Find more quick and easy air fryer recipes here!
- Prepare Cauliflower and Batter: Firstly, cut the cauliflower in half and then cut into florets. In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Batter, Place in Air Fryer: Dip each floret into the batter and remove excess by shaking with a fork. Place in an even layer in the basket of the air fryer.
- Air-Fry, Prepare Sauce: Cook at 380 degrees for 10-12 minutes. While cooking, make the honey Buffalo sauce by combining buffalo sauce, honey and brown sugar.
- Toss and Serve: Next, toss the cauliflower wings in the sauce and coat evenly. Serve with ranch, celery, and carrots if desired.
Tips for Making Cauliflower Wings
Follow these easy tips and tricks and you’ll be making the perfect air fryer cauliflower wings every time! With a crispy outer layer and tender inside, they’re too good to resist.
- Don’t Overcook: Keep an eye on the cooking time for your wings. If cauliflower is overcooked, it becomes mushy and can fall apart.
- Overcrowding Air Fryer: Your air fryer needs plenty of air flow to be able to cook these wings properly. Only cook a single layer at a time and be sure to leave space between each piece.
- Add More Heat: To add more spice to your honey buffalo sauce, add a pinch of cayenne pepper at a time until you reach your desired flavor.
- Serve With: Ranch or bleu cheese dressing is a must for dipping! I also like to serve these with celery or other fresh veggies.
Although these air fryer cauliflower wings are best served fresh, here’s how to store them for best results!
- In the Refrigerator: Keep leftover cauliflower wings in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: To keep your wings as crispy as possible, I recommend reheating them in either the oven or air fryer. Pop them in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F, or in the air fryer for a minute or 2 at 400 degrees.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- optional: pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups milk
Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Cut the cauliflower in half and then cut into florets. In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the milk and mix until combined.
- Dip each floret into the batter and remove excess by shaking with a fork. Place in an even layer in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 10-12 minutes. While cooking makes the honey Buffalo sauce by combining buffalo sauce, honey, and brown sugar.
- Toss the cauliflower wings in the sauce and coat evenly. Serve with ranch, celery, and carrots if desired.